$390.00 – $430.00
The purpose of ISO 10006 (Quality Management in projects) is to provide guidance on the application of project quality management. This document provides an overview of the principles and procedures of quality management, the implementation of which is important and has a great impact on achieving quality goals in projects.
These guidelines are designed for a wide range of audiences and can be used in a variety of projects, from small to large, from simple to complex, from an independent project to a project that is part of a program or portfolio of projects.
The usage of ISO 10006 (Quality Management in projects) is for those who have experience in project management and need to make sure that their organization has implemented the principles and procedures mentioned in the ISO 9000 standard series. Also, those who have experience in quality management are required to interact with project organizations in using their knowledge and experience in projects. Inevitably, some groups find many details unnecessary in the guidelines, while some audiences may be dependent on those details.
The application of quality management in projects (ISO 10006) has two well-known aspects:
Failure to estimate either of these two aspects will have significant implications for the project product, the project customer, and other stakeholders and the project organization.
These aspects also emphasize that achieving quality goals is one of the top management responsibilities of the organization and requires commitment to achieve quality goals so that it penetrates at all levels of the organization involved in the project.
Purpose and scope of application:
ISO 10006 (Quality Management in projects) provides guidance on the application of quality management in projects.
ISO 10006 is applicable to organizations working on projects of varying complexity, small or large, of short or long duration, being an individual project to being part of a program or portfolio of projects, in different environments, and irrespective of the kind of product/service or process involved, with the intention of satisfying project interested parties by introducing quality management in projects. This can necessitate some tailoring of the guidance to suit a particular project.
ISO 10006 is not a guide to project management itself. Guidance on quality in project management processes is presented in this document. Guidance on project management and related processes is covered in ISO 21500.
ISO 10006 addresses the concepts of both “quality management in projects” and “quality management systems in projects”.
These are distinguished by being addressed separately by the following topics and clauses:
– quality management in projects includes: quality management systems in projects (Clause 4); management responsibility in projects (Clause 5); resource management in projects (Clause 6); product/service realization in projects (Clause 7); and measurement, analysis and improvement in projects (Clause 8);
– quality management systems in projects includes: project characteristics (4.1); quality management principles in projects (4.2); project quality management processes (4.3); and a quality plan for the project (4.4).
ISO 10006 standard applies to projects of varying complexity, small or large, short-term or long-term, in different environments, regardless of the type of product or process involved.
ISO 10006 standard is not a project management guide, but a quality guide in project management processes.
– Increase customer and consumer confidence
– Increasing the quality of products/services
– Reduce waste and losses in products/services and ultimately reduce costs
– Save on consumables and increase profits
– Planning, implementation of affairs in the form of a predefined international system
– Improve performance, increase productivity and speed in affairs
– Increase efficiency and customer satisfaction
– Reducing the number of complaints
– Improvement and uniformity in the quality of products/services
– Timely delivery of products/services
– Global competition
– Prevent or reduce unexpected events
– Earning points in tenders, obtaining ranks and grades from government organizations, providing evidence in exports
– Advertising use in headers, company site and all advertising matters
– Earn points in selecting sample units
– Reduce waste and waste time
– Creating confidence inside and outside the organization
– Transparency of processes and indicators
– Ensuring that customer needs and expectations are met
– Production of product/service with better quality
– Help with more marketing and sales and create demand
– Increasing the productivity and motivation of human resources
– Correcting errors and preventing their recurrence
– Improving communication within the organization
– Prevention of non-compliant product/service production
– Develop sales methods and provide after-sales service